We often receive enquiries from people who want to fit them in a location other than a window, and we are happy to provide helpful advice and guidance.
There aren’t many situations where you can’t fit a Made To Measure Blind, so when a customer asked about fitting a wooden blind to his back door we were happy to respond promptly with simple-to-follow instructions.
There are four things to consider when measuring, and these images illustrate them perfectly.
* Measure the gap you have behind the handle to the frame (B). This will determine the slat size you can use – 25mm, 35mm or 50mm.
Order the exact measurement so we do not make any further deductions in manufacture. You will also receive returns on the wooden cover valance to hide the headrail (see image).
• Allow 5cm above and below the glass bead to attach the brackets at the top, and space for a holdown clip – should you wish to use one to stop the blind moving around.
• If you have clearance on the door when in the open position you won’t need to fix a door stop at the bottom of the door, but in some situations you might have to fit one to avoid crushing the blind when opening the door.
Made To Measure wooden venetian blinds are perfect for enhancing a room’s appearance by adding a contemporary elegance to the décor.
This type of Made To Measure Blind will also:
- Help to control room temperature
- Enable you to set how much light and heat can enter a room, and
- Protect your furniture and furnishings from fading
- Watch our helpful video within the How To Measure section
- Click here for images
- Order your free samples here