With just a few days to go before the seventh season kicks off, the Game of Thrones buzz has got us all excited.
As everyone knows, Game of Thrones loves to surprise us, and with a plot twist hidden around every corner the show is renowned for shocking audiences by brutally ending much-loved characters when we least expect it.
To celebrate some of our favourite gory fates, here at Made to Measure we are developing some prototype Game of Throne blinds. These Venetian blinds depict the Game of Thrones characters on one side but when the reverse of the blind is shown, the characters’ gruesome fate is revealed.
Below are some cartoon representations of what these blinds are going to look like.
- House: Serves House Stark.
- Cause of death: Killed by white walkers.
- Twist: Hodor’s speech restrictions come from a seizure he suffers as a child via a timeloop, as he saves Bran by ‘holding the door’ from the white walkers.
- House: Baratheon
- Cause of death: Poisoned at his wedding
- Twist: Perpetrator was ultimately revealed to be Olenna Tyrell
- House: Stark
- Cause of death: Executed by Ilyn Payne
- Twist: Joffrey orders Ned’s death despite Cersei’s orders
- House: Martell
- Cause of death: Killed by Gregor ‘The Mountain’ Clegane during a trial by combat
- Twist: When it looked like Oberyn had won, Gregor manages to roll back over and brutally pop his opponent’s eyes out
- House: Stark
- Cause of death: Murdered by the Freys and had his head replaced by a dire wolf’s
- Twist: The infamous ‘Red Wedding’ where Walder Frey betrays the Starks in retaliation for Robb breaking his vow to marry a Frey.
Which one would you go for?