Inside or Outside Recess - Help
Inside mount (recess)
1. Measure the width across in the three places - top, middle and bottom. Make a note of the smallest measurement for your order.
2. Measure the drop in three places - left, middle and right. Make a note of the smallest measurement for your order.
3. Remember to allow for any obstructions.
4. Please note that you will lose a small amount of fabric from each end of a roller blind - 1cm off the pin end and 1.8cm off the controller end, to allow for operation. Please see below Fig (1) and Fig (2).
5. When you enter your measurements on your order, mark them as recess and we will make the necessary deductions for your blind to fit in the recess. Please note the deduction is 0.5cm for Roller Blinds and 1cm for all other blinds.
Ordered as RECESS (INSIDE MOUNT) we deduct 10mm from the width given, will include brackets at ends, for blinds with end fixings.
With the exception of Vertical blinds we deduct 10mm from the width and drop given, will include brackets.
Outside mount (exact)
Measure the exact width and height you want for your blind and make a note of your measurements.
Allow a minimum of 4cm above your window for brackets, so add 4cm to your total drop to allow for a fixing above your window (see diagram).
Add a minimum of 4cm to the sides of your window for additional privacy and to block more light. Be aware of any obstructions, such as doors opening onto the wall next to the blind.
Enter exact on your order and we will manufacture the blind to your precise measurements.
Ordered as BLIND SIZE (EXACT) blind made to your exact width and drop given, will include brackets at ends, for blinds with end fixings. With the exception of Vertical blinds that will be made to your exact width. Drop will be less 1cm and will include brackets.